Featured Post

TOURIST FOR THE DAY in PUERTO RICO

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hector's Garden Peacock



I love the atmosphere of this May Sarton poem,

A Glass of Water

Here is a glass of water from my well.
It taste of rock and root and earth and rain;
It is the best I have, my only spell,
And it is cold, and better than champagne.
Perhaps someone will pass this house one day
To drink, and be restored, and go his way,
Someone in dark confusion as I was
When I drank down cold water in a glass,
Drank a transparent health to keep me sane,
After the bitter mood had gone again.

1 comment:

  1. The Pink Cowboy sent an e-mail about his reasons for writing since my survey didn't give him the options that his individual creative spirit needed- still he said I could share them with you.
    "I cannot possibly vote because I do not write on account of the ideas you selected. In fact those four ideas are a starting point for me to express why I need to write:1. To muddle my thoughts into eternal oblivion, The babbling of ages so to speak!!!.2. To dismember what's important.3.To retain stress and jet it into sheer energy.4.To resist. I write because I love, because I hate, because I have the foaming rabies and the delicate tenderness of the human." Thank you, too, for the gift of the "glorious peacock"...I would like to post an image here of one I have in mind but I think the comment section doesn't allow it. (I tried.) Thank you for your appreciation of my poetry and may you alway honor the love that you give and receive knowing all along that essentially, you are love.

    ReplyDelete

Start a conversation with your comments here...